SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily07_gw

No heat for electric Kenmore dryer

emily07
17 years ago

Hi,

My electric Kenmore dryer still runs, but no heat. I had a service call this morning, and was told all heat related parts are all fine except "heat control board". He told me to pay $250 for labor and parts.

I just wonder if there is only one small parts on the board, or the relay wire broken. But he told me he there was no way to fix part of board and I had to change a new one. He didn't really show me why he figured out it was the whole board instead of part of it.

Finally I didn't ask him to repair since he really acted suspiciously. He did use electric meter to test, but can't show me on the meter why it was the control board's problem. Also, my dyer is relatively new: 4 to 5 years old and $250 repair is really expensive for me since I have tight budget.

Just wonder how I can test myself to see if it's only part of the control board's problem? Or how can I test myself if it is only the relay problem?

Even if it is the control board problem? Is it possible for me to repair it myself as a dummy? The Kenmore model number is: 110.63952101 and the part number is: 8546229.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (2)