SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
regfman

routing electric clothes dryer heat back in to room

regfman
16 years ago

I've done a bit of searching in this forum and haven't see it discussed recently but I imagine that this must come up every so often:

We have a three story townhouse in northern california where the humidity is typically around 40% and the winters get into the 40's F. On the first floor in a laundry room behind the garage we have an electric clothes dryer. The room is also my wife's sewing and project room. The clothes dryer vents out to the patio.

We run about 2 or 3 loads of clothes a week, not everyday, but it occurs to me that it would be nice to capture all that heat that we are pumping outsite, at least during the winter, and considering that the summers are not real hot and it is a ground floor room that never gets very warm we could probably use the heat even in the summer.

Is this possible, without over humidifying the room, and getting lint all over? Does anybody make a solution that captures the lint? And how much humidity would we be adding and would it condense to water, then mildew, all over the place?

Comments (12)