SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Ok, I need some hand-holding here (family issues)

rosemaryt
16 years ago

Silly, I know, but I miss my children...

My three daughters are in their late 20s and getting close to their 30s. Due to a long, winding road of life, my (then) husband and I moved from Virginia (our native land) to St. Louis in the 1995 and then returned to Virginia four years ago (him) and two years ago (me, we were divorced by then).

One of my children settled in St. Louis and the other one is in mid-Illinois and a third is in NC (about three hours from me). They're at an age now of getting married and starting families and I miss them all so much. They are good about visiting and I go off to visit them, but I surely do wish they lived close by. It's real different to see your kids three or four times a year for a few days, compared to seeing them daily.

Please tell me I'm not the only Mom dealing with faraway kids and grandkids. I have a good husband and a good life, and I love living near the ocean but I sure do miss my children.

In my heart of hearts, I know I can't follow them around and that's not what this is about. I just miss being part of their day to day life. And then I hear about Moms who live in the same city as their kids and I wonder how they get so lucky.

So, tell me I'm not alone. Anyone else here dealing with faraway kids and grandkids?

Rose

Comments (33)