SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhome410

Bread dough getting hot in Bosch mixer

rhome410
13 years ago

This is a recent development and I don't think it's doing my end result any good! I have noticed the last few times I mixed a batch of dough, that the dough is quite warm, I could say today's felt pretty hot, at the end of kneading in my Bosch bread mixer. My last pizza crust was not as elastic, and my last batch of bread rose unevenly, and looked torn along one side of each loaf (Was blaming the oven, but now I wonder). I am using the same recipes and same timing I always have. (I add flour until the dough cleans the side of the bowl...I'm not a person who weighs ingredients...approx 5 cups water, up to a cup of oil, and up to 12 cups of freshly milled flour/grains...plus the yeast, etc.) Any insights or similar experiences?

Am I just tiring out the mixer making large batches of dough twice a week for the last 2 years? It seems to be working and sounding OK except for the heat. It's likely the only answer is to contact Bosch or a repair tech, but as always, I thought I'd check with the great and experienced brains here first!

Thanks so much.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH