SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Need a laugh?

neetsiepie
11 years ago

I threw pride out the window long ago-so feel free to LOL.

I was leaving for work and in a really bad mood. DH had failed to take a heavy box off the front seat of my truck as I'd asked him to do the night before. I discovered that he'd moved my truck last night but didn't lock it back up. 2nd time this week-and now I'm REALLY fuming. I threw my purse in and climbed in. It was raining so I got in quickly. As I'm backing out my rear end felt cold and I thought 'great the window must have been left open a crack'. I continued on to my office and wrangled my truck into the very tight parking space-the guy who parks next to me was very close to the line; there is a concrete pillar on the other side and across from my space is motorcycle parking. It is easiser to back my truck in than to go in front first, but today between the other car and one of the bikes parked in just the right way-backing in was trickier than usual. At least I had my keycard ready to go!

Finally I get out of my truck, my hind end is COLD, and I am mad that I'll have to deal with a wet butt for a while. I reach in to grab my purse out and run my hand on the seat. It's perfectly dry! I think it's because my pants muat have absorbed all the water. Oh but no! My pants were not wet at all!

My butt was cold because I'd been sitting on a banana DH had left on my seat. Fortunately it was not squished-just cold.

I was not amused-my mood was still black and when I got to my office I retold my tale of morning woe to my friend. When I told her about the banana she nearly fell over laughing. I was still too mad to realize what I'd just told her, I was lamenting that I wanted to have her life-one where there are no bananas on the seat of her car. Catchng her breath she said 'Pesky-did you not hear what you said? You sat on a BANANA-picture it!!'.

I did-and then I started to laugh and the black mood faded.

Comments (2)