SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seagrass_gw

Coffee cake recipe for 9 x 13 pan??

I have offered to do some baking for a few days of meetings my DH is hosting soon. What was I thinking? I hardly ever bake!! I just bought 2 9 x 13 pans that have lids for easy transportation - got a great deal (2 for the price of 1).

I have one recipe for a rhubarb crumb coffee cake. That's my repetoire!!

If anyone would share some recipes with me I'd be so grateful. I'm looking for something that would be good with coffee mid-morning - preferably not requiring forks.

I'd like to bake 2 different cakes on 2 different days - so, 4 in all. I figure DH can't damage the cakes too badly since the pans have lids that snap on them. I really don't have confidence that he could get muffins or bundt cakes there intact...

Thanks so much.

seagrass

Comments (14)

• lindac
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Cake pineappleGRANNY CAKE
    2 CUPS FLOUR
    1 CUP SUGAR
    1 TSP SALT
    1 TSP BAKING POWDER
    1 TSP BAKING SODA
    2 EGGS
    1 20 OZ CAN CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
    BROWN SUGAR
    CHOPPED NUTS
    ********TOPPING******
    1 CAN SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
    CUP BUTTER
    ½ CUP SUGAR
    1 TSP VANILLA

IN LARGE BOWL MIX TOGETHER FLOUR, SUGAR, SALT, BAKING POWDER AND SODA. ADD EGGS ONE AT A TIME THEN PINEAPPLE W/JUICE. POUR INTO GREASED 13 X 9 PAN. SPRINKLE BROWN SUGAR AND NUTS ON TOP THEN BAKE @ 350 FOR 40 MINS ******TOPPING******* ABOUT 10 MINS BEFORE CAKE COMES OUT OF OVEN, HEAT THE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK AND SUGAR OVER MEDIUM HEAT TILL SUGAR DISOLVES. ADD BUTTER AND VANILLA. POUR OVER HOT CAKE WHEN COMES OUT OF OVEN.

Preparation time: 10 minutes
    Cooking time: 40 minutes
    Ready in: 1 hour

Cooking Tips
    CAN BE SERVED WARM WITH A SCOOP OF VANILLA ICE CREAM OR WOULD BE A GREAT CAKE FOR PICNICS BECAUSE IT DOESNT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION

Apple Cake

4 cups chopped apples
    1 ½ cups sugar ( can use ½ splenda)
    ½ cup raisins ( I use chopped other fruit like dried peaches or apricots or craisins)
    Mix and let sit for about an hour ( less is OK)
    2 cups flour
    1 ½ tsps baking soda ( I like ¾ tsps soda and ¾ tsps BP)
    ¾ tsps salt
    1T cinnamon ¼ tsp nutmeg
    Mix dry ingredients
    2 eggs
    ¾ cups veggie oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    beat together
    1 cup chopped pecans if desired.
    Add the oil and eggs to the apples and sugar and dried fruit. Stir in the dry mixture and add nuts if desires.
    Pour into greased 9 by 13 pan and bake 350 until doneÂ..40 to 50 minutes.
    Serve with cake gravy!...or not if you are using for coffee,

Cake Gravy
    Mix 1 cup sugar
    1 stick butter
    ½ cup evap milk
    1 tsp vanillaÂ.
    Mix all and cook all in a sauce pan for about 3 minutes.
    Serve warm over the cake.

Whisk together in separate bowl:
    1 egg
    l/2 cup milk whisk together in separate bowl
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    Combine both by stirring with wooden spoon. Grease and flour baking pan,approx. 13x8" (brownie pan). Spread batter evenly, it will look scanty but don't worry.
    Topping
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    2-1/2 cups flour
    1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    Stir Topping ingredients together with a fork, or crumble together by hand. Sprinkle crumbs thickly on top of cake batter. Bake cake for approx. 20 mins.
    Cool cake (in pan) for 10 mins., then sift a bit (about 1/4 cup) of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar) over the top, cut into squares and serve.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you LindaC - exactly what I was hoping for.

I need one more - anyone?????????

seagrass

• Related Discussions

9x13 inch induction friendly pans?

Q

Comments (6)
    I have no experience with small roasting pans other than pyrex 9x13 which, obviously, are not for deglazing on induction, but the topic has come up from time to time. Seems to me that somewhere last year I saw something about Viking having a smaller, induction capable roaster in its line of cookware. However, I think I've also seen something recently about Middelby (the new owner) having decided to cancel the Viking cookware brand. Might try Amazon to see if any are left. Also, it seems to me that All Clad used to have an induction capable roasting pan but they called it a "lasagna pan." If you can go a little larger than 9x13, there may be more choices. I remember a number of these discussions over on Chowhound. Here are some links to discussionsthat may help lead you to other possible candidates: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/879855 http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/819169 Also think there was s dicussion here on this subject about five years ago, but can't find it with the search engine. Maybe it was in the Kitchen form?
    ...See More

Best 9 x 13 Cake Pan

Q

Comments (11)
    I have SEVERAL 9x13 pans from LeCrueset pottery ones to Baker's Secret to Pyrex to you name it. Metal, dark ones, light ones, coated ones, non-coated ones. Heavy stainless steel and some aluminum and clay PC ones! Some that are just odds and ends from here and there that I've picked up along the roads of my life. I have Nordic ware ones and fire king ones! Like I said.. I have MANY. I do not have a favorite. Some are great for cakes and desserts. Some are great for casseroles. Some are good for cinnamon rolls or breads. Some are excellent for coffee cakes. You get my drift.. different strokes for different recipes and then there are my current moodiness that can figure into my decision of what I use. If I had to dumb it down to one.. hmmm.. I can't. But, my deeper fire king 9x13 is an old pan and it is the most versitile because of the height of the sides and the excellent cooking/baking it gives me.
    ...See More

Anyone have a 9x13 cornbread recipe?

Q

Comments (9)
    I'm known for my cornbread (it's the sweet, cakey type). For a 9 X 13" pan, I use: 2 cups flour 2 cups yellow cornmeal (be sure it's fresh) 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) 2 cups milk 2 eggs 1 cup melted butter (safflower oil can be subbed, if preferred) Preheat oven to 375, In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. make a well in center. Add the milk, eggs, and butter. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened, mixture should still be lumpy. Spread in greased 9 X 13" pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until risen and top is just beginning to turn golden. Great served with honey butter.
    ...See More

RECIPE: Cranberry Upside-Down Coffee Cake

Q

Comments (15)
    HiDesert, I made this again for Christmas and it again tasted delicious and looked fabulous! Oh, I I baked it (by accident as I pulled out the wrong pan) in a 10 inch springform and it was just perfect. It was a not as high, but, larger in diameter. It looked great and everyone just loved it. I think I'm going to make another one to give to my neighbor as a Happy New Year sweet treat gift! I wish you and your family a Happy & Healthy New Year!
    ...See More
  • cotehele
    13 years ago

I have made Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake for a customer (B&B owner) several times. The other two, look good, too!
    Judy

Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake

You may find slight variations of the cake at different Starbucks locations. Sometimes there is a ribbon of cinnamon running through the middle of the cake, and sometimes the cake is dusted with a bit of powdered sugar. You'll also find some versions with a few chopped pecans in the topping; and that's the version here. Shaun (GW)

Topping
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup light brown sugar, packed
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup chopped pecans

Batter
    1 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

3. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little bit at a time. Add milk and mix well.

5. Spoon the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.

6. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter. Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.

7. Bake cake for 50 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool and slice into 8 pieces.

Serves 8.

Plum Coffee Cake

1-1/2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup canola oil*
    2 eggs
    1 cup whole milk**
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    3 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    6-8 fresh plums, pitted and sliced
    1 cup brown sugar, packed
    6 T. all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    6 T. butter
    1 cup chopped walnuts

In mixing bowl, cream sugar, oil and eggs until fluffy. Stir in the milk.

Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Beat into other mixture.

Spread batter in greased and floured 9" x 14" glass pan. Top with rows of plum slices.

Combine remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over plumbs.

Bake at 350° approximately 1 hour or until tested done. Serve warm.

Source: Old Thyme Inn Bed & Breakfast

Notes from Marlen:
    * I used vegetable oil
    **I used 2% milk

Originally Posted by: Ginger_St_Thomas (My Page) on Mon, Dec 22, 03 at 4:45
    David (GW-lakeguy35)

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

From Diane on the CF

2 1/2 C. Flour
    3/4 + 1/2 C. Sugar
    3/4 C. Butter
    1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon Salt
    3/4 C. Sour cream
    1 + 2 Eggs
    1 teaspoon Almond extract
    8 oz. Cream cheese (room temperature)
    3/4 C. Seedless raspberry preserves
    Grease and flour (or spray with Pam) bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
    Combine flour and ¾ cup sugar.
    Cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
    Reserve 1 cup of crumbs and set aside for topping.
    To crumb mixture in bowl, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg, and almond extract - blending well. Will be thick and lumpy.
    Spread batter in prepared pan.
    For *filling, combine cream cheese, ½ C. sugar, and 2 eggs and pour over batter in pan.
    Gently spoon preserves over cheese filling.
    Sprinkle reserved cup of crumb over all.
    Bake at 350° for 70 - 80 minutes, or until cheese filling is set and cake is golden.
    Cool at least 15 minutes before removing sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.

Cinnamon Sensation Coffee Cake

Posted by: saima2 (My Page) on Sat, Apr 15, 06 at 21:36

¼ cup margarine
    ¾ cup sugar
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    1½ cup flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    3 tablespoons flour
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    4 tablespoons margarine
    ½ cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350°.

Spray a 9" x 9" pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium brown, cream margarine and sugar; beat in egg.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.

Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla.

Pour half the blended mixture into prepared pan.

Spoon over half of the topping and swirl with fork.

Add remainder of the creamed mixture and top with the remaining topping mixture.

To make topping: In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or fork.

Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.

I'm a person who doesn't care for fruit so much, and this is a delicious cake - you'd probably need to make 2 cakes or double the recipe in a larger pan.
    Woodie2

• claire_de_luna
    13 years ago

Here's one at allrecipes that uses a 9x13 pan that is reviewed well and sounds very good!

• lpinkmountain
    13 years ago

This link to Pear Ginger Coffee Cake from Penzeys is one of my favorits and a standby. I have even made it with canned pears. Very moist and not too crumbly to eat out of hand.

• woodie
    13 years ago

I make the Cinnamon Sensation often and its wonderful. For a larger crowd I always make Sue's (Cookingrvc) crumbcake - its amazing. I come from a family of crumbcake afficianados and they all make Sue's recipe now. (My cousin who moved out of state used to come up to visit and hit the bakery where they had the best crumbcake, but now she makes Sue's recipe and that's that!

CRUMB CAKE BY SUE
    (from Sue/Cookingrvc)

1. Make Crumb mixture
    2. Make Cake mix
    3. Bake cake half way
    4. Top with crumbs
    5. Bake rest of the way
    6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar

CRUMBS
    1 lb butter or margarine
    2 Tsps. Vanilla
    4 Cups Flour
    2 Tsps. Cinnamon
    1 Cup White Sugar

In a large pot on the stove, melt the butter and add the vanilla and then mix in the remainder of the ingredients. Spread out with a large spoon and/or a spatula on a cookie sheet to dry out a little. Then make the cake.

1 Box of yellow cake mix.
    Make according to recipe on the box.

Put the cake in a pan 11.5 inches by 17 inches.

Bake the cake half way through the baking time (according to the package directions - this will be about 15-20 minutes). Take the crumb mixture and, using a spatula, lift it off the cookie sheet in chunks and, using your hands, crumble it up into big crumbs and put the crumbs on the cake (this will be a little messy) and continue baking until the end of the baking time. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack.

Wait until the cake is completely cooled and dust generously with powdered sugar. Lots of powdered sugar!

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to everyone - now I can breathe easier!! As I said, I'm not a baker. There's just the 2 of us most of the time and a 9 x 13 cake is too big for us.

I'll share the one recipe I do have. I don't remember where I found this recipe - if it came from someone on this forum I thank you very much! It's quite tasty -

RHUBARB CRUMB COFFEE CAKE

2 c. all purpose flour
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 c. butter, room temp
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 c. buttermilk
    4 c. chopped fresh rhubarb
    Crumb topping:
    1 c. flour
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 c. cold butter
    Make the crumb topping: Cut cold butter into dry ingredients until you have coarse crumbs. Set aside.
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
    Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg) and set aside. Then cream the butter and sugar - add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg - add vanilla. Alternating the dry ingredients with the buttermilk, incorporate them into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour into baking pan.
    Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

seagrass

• caliloo
    13 years ago

If you have room for one more - this one is fantastic!

New York-Style Crumb Cake
    (Source: Cooks Illustrated, May 2007)

Serves 8 to 10

Dont be tempted to substitute all-purpose flour for the cake flour, as doing so will make a dry, tough cake. If you cant find buttermilk, you can substitute an equal amount of plain, low-fat yogurt. When topping the cake, take care to not push the crumbs into the batter. This recipe can be easily doubled and baked in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. If doubling, increase the baking time to about 45 minutes. Cooled leftovers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.

Crumb Topping
    1/3 cup granulated sugar (2 2/3 ounces)
    1/3 cup dark brown sugar (2 2/3 ounces)
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon table salt
    8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and still warm
    1 3/4 cups cake flour (7 ounces)

Cake
    1 1/4 cups cake flour (5 ounces)
    1/2 cup granulated sugar (3 1/2 ounces)
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon table salt
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick), cut into 6 pieces, softened but still cool
    1 large egg
    1 large egg yolk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/3 cup buttermilk
    Confectioners sugar for dusting

1. FOR THE TOPPING: Whisk sugars, cinnamon, salt, and butter in medium bowl to combine. Add flour and stir with rubber spatula or wooden spoon until mixture resembles thick, cohesive dough; set aside to cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.

2. FOR THE CAKE: Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut 16-inch length parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold lengthwise to 7-inch width. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and fit parchment into dish, pushing it into corners and up sides; allow excess to overhang edges of dish.

3. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt on low speed to combine. With mixer running at low speed, add butter one piece at a time; continue beating until mixture resembles moist crumbs, with no visible butter chunks remaining, 1 to 2 minutes. Add egg, yolk, vanilla, and buttermilk; beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute, scraping once if necessary.

4. Transfer batter to baking pan; using rubber spatula, spread batter into even layer. Following photos below, break apart crumb topping into large pea-sized pieces and spread in even layer over batter, beginning with edges and then working toward center. Bake until crumbs are golden and wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan by lifting parchment overhang. Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.

• shaun
    13 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Judy I'm glad I read the recipes first because I was about to post that same recipe for the Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake! It's a huge YUMMY!

• lindac
    13 years ago

Funny, Alexa, I was going to post that crumb cake but all I had was the topping in my file.....now I can copy and paste and I'll have the cake too....I don't knoww hat happened to the cake recipe....but I am glad to have it back!
    Linda C

• woodie
    13 years ago

Why did I just now see that you asked for a recipe for a 9 x 13 pan and of course the recipe I posted was for a different pan? Ditzy I am.................

• Virginia7074
    13 years ago

Yet another rhubarb one - "Big Crumb Coffeecake with Rhubarb". I've made it once with all rhubarb and once with rhubarb-strawberry filling. Very good both ways!

Big Crumb Coffeecake with Rhubarb
    Adapted from The New York Times 6/6/07

Not rhubarb season? Dont fret. I think this cake would be amazing with a blueberry, raspberry, sour cherry or any other tangy fruit filling you can think of. Simply adjust the sugar level accordinglymost of these will need far less than rhubarb does to make them palatable.

Butter for greasing pan

For the rhubarb filling:
    1/2 pound rhubarb, trimmed
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

For the crumbs:
    1/3 cup dark brown sugar
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, melted
    1 3/4 cups cake flour (I was out and used all-purpose and it worked great)

For the cake:
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1 large egg
    1 large egg yolk
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup cake flour (ditto on the all-purpose flourworked just fine)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    6 tablespoons softened butter, cut into 8 pieces.

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8-inch-square baking pan. For filling, slice rhubarb 1/2 inch thick and toss with sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Set aside.

2. To make crumbs [this step now updated, see comment #150] in a large bowl, whisk sugars, spices and salt into melted butter until smooth. Then, add flour with a spatula or wooden spoon. It will look and feel like a solid dough. Leave it pressed together in the bottom of the bowl and set aside.

3. To prepare cake, in a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add butter and a spoonful of sour cream mixture and mix on medium speed until flour is moistened. Increase speed and beat for 30 seconds. Add remaining sour cream mixture in two batches, beating for 20 seconds after each addition, and scraping down the sides of bowl with a spatula. Scoop out about 1/2 cup batter and set aside.

4. Scrape remaining batter into prepared pan. Spoon rhubarb over batter. Dollop set-aside batter over rhubarb; it does not have to be even.

5. Using your fingers, break topping mixture into big crumbs, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in size. They do not have to be uniform, but make sure most are around that size. Sprinkle over cake. Bake cake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean of batter (it might be moist from rhubarb), 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before serving.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

• pat_t
    13 years ago

More for your perusal:

CRANBERRY COFFEECAKE

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp. almond extract
    2 cups flour
    3 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup sour cream
    1 can (8 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Glaze:
    1 cup confectioners sugar
    2 Tblsp. milk
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. In large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well. Mix in almond extract. Stir in flour alternately with sour cream. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spoon cranberry sauce evenly over batter; spread slightly, but do not try to cover batter. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake pulls slightly away from sides of pan. Drizzle with Glaze. Serve warm.

Glaze: Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.

CREAM CHEESE & STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup seedless strawberry preserves
    Sifted powdered sugar

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add half of the flour, the eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat for about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Beat in remaining flour on low speed until well mixed. Spread batter evenly in a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spoon preserves in 8 to 10 portions on top of batter. With a knife, swirl preserves into batter to marble.
    Bake in a 350° F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar on top. Cut into squares; serve warm. Garnish with fresh mint and strawberries if desired. Makes 12 servings.

KILLARNEY CAKE

1/2 cup butter or other shortening
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup sour cream
    1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 Tblsp. cinnamon
    1/2 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan. Cream sugar and butter. Alternately add eggs and flour with dry ingredients and sour cream. Add vanilla (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with half of topping. Spread other half of batter and sprinkle remaining topping over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.

YEASTED CAKE MIX COFFEE CAKE

1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix, divided
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 pkg. Active dry yeast
    2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130° F.)
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    1 can (21 oz.) fruit pie filling of your choice
    1/3 cup cold butter

Glaze:
    1 cup confectioners sugar
    1 Tblsp. Corn syrup
    1 to 2 Tblsp. Water

In a large mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups dry cake mix, flour, yeast, and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Carefully spoon pie filling over top.

Place remaining cake mix in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ohhh - you guys are amazing.

I know it must seem lame - needing a recipe to fit a pan. But if you knew my absent-minded husband, you'd understand. I will have to use packing tape to adhere a serving utensil/spatula to one of the lids. The engineers won't blink an eye!

Merci beaucoup!

seagrass