SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonesy44

Carrier Greenspeed Heat Pump Purchase Questionss

jonesy44
9 years ago

Could really use some input. I have a 2800 sq foot, 2 storey house with unfinished basement in Eastern Ontario Canada. There is no natural gas available and I'm currently using forced air electric on a 20 yr old furnace that needs replacing.

Been looking at ASHP that will work for our climate/house size and been leaning towards the Carrier greenspeed. We have central air but don't normally turn on our a/c.

Had 1 quote for a greenspeed 4 ton HP with heat coil and a 25W heater, waiting on a couple more quotes. Can anyone point me to data that specifically says how low outside temp can be when the greenspeed heat pump still provides 100% heat (on average)? Getting different answers from each salesman.

Nor can I find anything that specifically says what the electricity draw is for different greenspeed HP performance levels. Our electricity costs here are insanely high but don't want to go the propane or oil route. Delivery of propane/oil was a big issue last winter. I'm trying to find a way to save some dollars and hoping that this big investment could potentially pay for itself in 4 or 5 years?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (13)