SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natal_gw

Honey Chipotle Pecans (per request)

natal
12 years ago

I mentioned on a Discussions thread that I'm planning on making the pecans for Christmas gifts along with pottery bowls for serving. Jen requested the recipe so here it is.

{{gwi:619226}}

Honey Chipotle Pecans

These are an addictive combination of sweet and spicy. My advice is to always make more than you think you'll need because they go quickly! Can be prepared up to a week ahead of time. Store in a sealed container.

2 Tablespoons honey

1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 cups pecan halves (the larger the better)

2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

1 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a medium microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the honey, chipotle powder, and ground cinnamon. Warm through. (You can also do this on the stove over low heat.)

Stir nuts into warmed honey mixture. Still well to coat. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spread honey-coated nuts in a single layer. Bake until toasted and fragrant, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the sugar and salt in a small bowl.

Remove pecans from oven and allow to cool only slightly (no more than a minute or two -- you want them to still be sticky.)

Dump the hot nuts into a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sugar/salt mix tossing to combine. Spread nuts on cold waxed or parchment paper and let dry. It's best if they don't touch each other.

Serve, or store covered until ready to eat.

Comments (43)