SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

How does my son find a suitable roommate for his 3/ 2.5 townhouse

jterrilynn
11 years ago

So far he has only listed on rooms to rent on craigslist. Would you all have some suggestions on where else to list and if there is maybe something wrong with the ad? Part of the problem I know is finding someone in their age group who is not into late night partying, or drugs or some type of wild life style. He and his brother work full time and are taking college courses; it's a busy but laid back environment at home. The rent with utilities included is very reasonable for the area. He is having every kind of nut respond to his ad as well as many out of country schemes on "I need your personal info to wire money". Out of around 30 or more replies he has only had two normal people; in the end they found places closer to their work. My son has only interviewed three people that seemed right on paper. One gal sounded great in her reply but after son spoke to her in person it came out that she has had a few DUI's and her license is revoked. Then she said she's tired of a party every night and said she just smokes pot now. A few people had criminal records or went to juvenile delinquent high schools. Some were old enough to be their mother or father. It has been a month now without a lot of luck. He is not desperate for the money but would like another roommate so he can save more for emergencies, car repairs, home maintenance ect.

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist ad

Comments (30)