SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Pork Bones and Bacon Waffles

nancyofnc
12 years ago

Oh, dear; I'm crying from laughing. Took a trip to the grocery store and bought 2 large packages of "Assorted Pork Chops" on a whim, envisioning broiled chops. Opening them I became convinced that there were prepared by a butcher in training, who still had some things to learn. Weird cuts and strange bone configurations. One "chop" was 6" wide and a foot long and kind of sideways to the muscle growth. So, I cut out the bones for "boneless assorted chops" for the freezer, but cut up most of it into stir fry sizes since they were even weirder to try to use them as chops. There sits the pile of bones - what to do with them? So, off to the internet. Great ideas for roasting them then making pork broth; never thought of that! One guy said the broth was used in making tomato sauce, and another said it was the best when making French Onion Soup! I usually don't have any fresh bones, just what's left after cooking the chops, and no dog to give them to. So, perusing further I found this site and in the middle of the visual recipe - the guy puts his thick-cut bacon in a waffle iron to fry/grill/cook it. Ingenious - bacon waffles! I know if I did that here my DH would whisk me off to funny farm in short order! LOL, and then he'd eat the bacon, anyway.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pork Broth and Bacon Waffles

Comments (9)