SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnycottage_gw

When someone dies unexpectedly ...

SunnyCottage
11 years ago

it's just very difficult to even process the fact that they were here, and now they're not. Particularly when they die young, it's positively numbing.

A family friend died yesterday morning in a two-car accident. He died at the scene. His little girl was rescued from the overturned SUV and escaped with minor injuries. He was 35 years old.

I wasn't super close to him, but family members were. Certainly I knew him and liked him a great deal. Such a difficult thing - as I said, almost impossible just to process at the moment. I guess this is what you call the shock of learning something awful.

I've thought about this a lot through the night and into today, and I'm left wondering why some people are just taken so quickly and unexpectedly like that, with so much of their life still seemingly set out before them. I know there's absolutely no answer to questions like that ... still, we ask them.

Asking for good thoughts or prayers for my family members who are mourning this loss today. I know it's hitting very hard.

Comments (11)