SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notsure2

need HELP in choosing the right combinations (heating and cooling

notsure2
10 years ago

All,

i'm newbie to this site and would like to get a expert advice or suggestion in regards to replacing my A/C and gas furnace...I have this weekend to decide. i have 2 quotes made up already by 2 different local contractors in my area (wash dc suburbs) and I am wondering if these 2 quotes I have are compatible or 'matched to each other and are as efficient as these 2 individuals are telling me. here are my 2 quotes:

Carrier guy:

A/C: model #: 24ANB748A003

gas furnace: model #: 59TP5A100E21...20

evaporator coil: model #: CNPVP4821ALA

thermostat: model #: TP-PRH01-A (thermidistat)

total price: $ 9412.00
(with empower MD rebate of $800.00 and $500.00 federal tax credit) net investment of $8112.00

Trane guy:

A/C: XL15i 3.5 ton, Single stage

gas furnace: XV95, v-speed, 2 stage and 4 ton

he did not quote me what kind of evaporator coil he's going to use. the carrier guy is more specific what he's going to match with his system...this trane guy is not. any of you out there can help on these? any matching evap coil that will go with this system correctly? I will ask him about a specific model he's going to use with this system.

thermostat: Honeywell 8000 wifi programmable/touchscreen.

total price: $ 9181.00
(with BGE rebate of $450.00 and $200.00 fed. tax credit)
I wonder why I get less on the trane fed tax credit than a carrier...anybody knows? net investment of $8531.00

I am not looking the best of the best systems out there but just enough to make sure that I get a good system that will last and efficient enough so I can lower my monthly bills as well. hope someone can help me...I need to decide this weekend.

Thank You all...

Comments (11)