SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waterloo_red

Our Mieles have arrived!

waterloo-red
13 years ago

After a long and difficult decision process aided by many people here (Livebetter, gates1, sshrivastava and others) we decided to go with the Miele 4842 and 9802.

The scramble then began to get the new laundry room to the point where we could install the machines before our old kenmores died (it was very close).

Well, the plumbing is done, walls painted and the floor is down so we had the machines istalled yesterday. Wow, they are everything we had hoped they would be. They look fantastic and are solidly built. Did a few loads last night and they are very quiet. They are installed on slate on the second floor and there is no vibration at all. We are extremely pleased.

As you can see, we still need the cabinets installed along the left hand wall.

I think this has been covered but I searched and couldn't find the answer. I even looked in the manual (mind you not too closely). Is it normal for the deteregnt drawer to pop out a little when the machine is running?

And finally, is anyone else a little bothered by the different lights in the washer and the dryer? LED vs Halogen? Halogen vs incandescent? Anyway, the colors are different. I will get over it though.

I am sure I will have more questions about cycles as we go on.

Now if I can only get BMW Canada to ship my car faster I would really be happy.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Waterloo-Red

Comments (8)