SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcwesley_gw

First Contractors have Arrived

dcwesley
14 years ago

We are doing quite a bit of our kitchen remodel DIY - but have contracted out 4 portions - electric, cabinet install, countertop (granite) install, and appliance install.

We debated on the appliance installation, but most of it is Miele, and I believe they require their approved installers if you want the warranty in full effect.

With the granite we did not feel like we had a choice, nor did we feel like it was something we would want to tackle.

The cabinets are custom made and it seemd like it made sense to have the builders do the installation. They measured, they built,and they will deal with the inevitable issues. (But, boy - I was surprised how much it cost for the install - about $3000.)

At first DH was going to do the electric. He always has. But there is a lot to do, and we felt like we needed an expert oninion on some issues, so we hired this job out. In fact, once we had engaged the electrician we added on some other tasks - hanging the light over the pool table, adding another outlet in the rec room, etc. DH says it is just not as easy to crawl around in the attic as it used to be. It looks like their total bill will easily top $2000 (including materials with the exception of the dining room chandalier.) So they are here!!!! I was impressed they arrived on time even with the new 6" of snow overnight. Rather nice to be sitting her listening to someone else work. (I took a day ov vaction so I culd be here for their first day. I will have to go to work tomorrow.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert