SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onelady1dog2girls

Extreme Backsplash Help Needed!!

onelady1dog2girls
14 years ago

Well, Â it looks like all we have left is backsplash to pick out. Â As many of you know, this means we save the hardest choice for last! Â Anyway, we have a granite called Mont Blanc that I love but it is very simple - Carmel and taupe with a cream and grey veining. Â I really like it but don't want to overpower it with the backsplash choice. So...I am leaning towards the Rixi subway tiles in a 75/25 array of Crema/manderla. Â I am thinking about doing this because our cabinets are slightly less dark than someof the crema tiles. Â There is also an almost crushed glass effect on some of the manderla tiles which I love- traditional with just a hint of bling. Â I would then take these tiles and arrange them in a herringbone pattern over the range. Â I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you think I should use a thicker picture frame around the herringbone or just a simple pencil liner? Â I would like to use the Sonoma Tantrum liner around the perimeter in a 3/4 inch width.

Another problem is where to put the subway tile on the walls that are not part of the range wall. Â You see I have one of those u shaped kitchens and as you see we had to keep one soffit with a weight bearing beam. Â The biggest conundrum is where to begin the subway over on the peninsula wall? Â If I started at the countertop edge that would leave about 6 inches to the left of wall space and I am not sure how funky that would look with a bull nose trim starting right there. Â Then, how far up do I bring the tiles? Â Just to the outlet box? Â If I ran the subway all the way from the bottom of the upper cabinets along the range wall, and proceeded across the bay window area ending at the peninsula that would mean the subway tiles would run about 3/4 of the through the outlet box? Â As you can see I need some help. Â I suppose another option would be to tile only the bay window all the way up to the soffit and then just the range wall, kind of two distinct backsplash areas...thus leaving out the flat peninsula wall with the outlet box and the other "matching" flat wall to the right of the bay area. Â Any and all ideas welcome!! Â Here are some pictures to help:

Â

Comments (18)