SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foreverone

Thanks Everyone - Just purchased LGs

17 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your posts. Our washer broke back in August but I did not have the $ to spend on a good machine at the time so I bought a $75 used machine. It has flooded the floor a few times and this past Monday after doing it again, we decided to go ahead and buy new machines since I did not want to spend more money on a old used top loader.

We have 6 in our growing family and wanted the largest capacity we could find. I decided on FL immediately for reasons that all of you know although reading all the info on web will make you wonder sometimes if they are not all they are cracked up to be.

Anyway, I went shopping on Monday afternoon and after stopping several places actually bought a scratch and dent w & d of top of the line Kenmore's but after reading this forum and other info, I had buyers remorse on the kenmores. The price was very good, $1650 out the door for both.

Tuesday morning I went to Home Depot after getting buyers remorse on Monday night. On Mon I had not visited HD. The non-commissioned salesperson really knew his stuff and acted like he enjoyed helping.

Ultimately I decided on the LG for 5 major reasons.

1. Largest capacity at 4 cubic feet

2. Best warranty, 1 year on everything, 2 years on electronics and 7 years on motor.

3. The model that was at the price I was willing to go had movable controls. My wife thought this was a nice feature that had value to here since she is not very tall.

4. The LG was rated #1 by consumer reports and I did not find nearly as many complaints online as with the Kenmores.

5. LG/Home Depot have rebates that will equate to $175 of HD gift cards and rebate on delivery. Also, I had a 10% off coupon from Lowes that HD would honor. Also, both the dryer and washer were "on sale" with $100 off of each.

All of those price breaks brought the price of the LG to within less than $200 more than the heavily discounted scratch and dent units from Sears/Kenmore.

We bought the DLE9577 (dryer) and the WM2496H (washer), in white. Here are the links to both.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_laundry_washers_WM2496H.jhtml

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_laundry_dryers_DLE9577.jhtml

The bad news is that we are without a washer until next Wed.

So thanks for all your help and maybe this info will help someone else as well.

Comments (5)