SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dablaw

Just a bit of info everyone should know.Please read.

dablaw
14 years ago

I guess it's my turn to whine and cry like a damned big baby...But thought you all should know what is going on in the AHS.Gretchen Johnson has quit as AHS registrar. IN the process she has AGAIN left me hanging on 2 of my 2010 intro's. The response from the AHS VP and I quote was "I'll have to wing it" and "Tuff it out". Talk about a kick in the pants that was after waiting 6 MONTHS already and resubmitting the alternate names back in January..Then he had the nerve to ask me "what kind of business I was in that I was so upset"....OK ya'll how bout a big DUHHHHHH...Here's your sign moment...I reinterated that if it wasn't for us, the membership and us, the hybridizers, there will not be an AHS in the future..his response? I'm not going to even waste my breath repeating that one...This same thing happened a few years ago when Gretchen had some personal issues going on and look, I realize things do and will happen..When I was hung out to dry then too, I contacted the AHS president then, who was Kevin Walek...A nicer guy you never find..He was sympathetic and offered me solutions that I could live with..Not to "Tuff it out" or "to wing it"..He suggested back then that the AHS either have a backup registrar or at the very least someone who could take over the position in ccase the scenario was to ever happen again..Well guess what..It fell on deaf ears and now look what has happened again...So now again I have two 2010 intro's left namless untill they get a new registrar..Those 2 by the way are what I was selling named as "Amenhotep" and "Scandinavian Skies"..If you purchased these I will get you the correct plants I gurantee you that but we will have to wait on the corrected names for a few months probably..Now then..Tell me what you think as I'm so infuriated over the response more so that the problem..I'm to the point of just dropping out of the AHS and all there rules and regulations and this and that..Seems like if your not in the "Good ole boys club" then you can't get anything done in a timely matter..You all know what I'm referrring to...So will it make a differnce if I leave the AHS? Probably no one will care a less..But what if 10,000 of the members did so..The no more AHS...At least if I leave I can name a daylily whatever I damned well want to without anyone else to answer to..Maybe it's time for a competitive society to be formed..One that listens to it's members more than the current one will...Please give your response to this..Good and bad..I'm a big boy and can take it...Just be sure that you have read the facts I have stated and fully understand what has taken place before you do..Thanks,David. I think I'll load up the 12 gauge and go shoot some clay pigeons....

Comments (25)