SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsbrad_gw

Should I use angled corner cabinets?

MrsBrad
10 years ago

I am about to finalize my cabinets and now I am having second thoughts about my corner cabinets, uppers and lowers. I have these same angled corner cabinets in my current kitchen, but am thinking about changing them in the new house for aesthetic reasons. I like the super lazy susans and store a lot in them and am a little hesitant to give them up, but I do like the 90 degree look. I like my upper corners as well. They hold a LOT of stuff and I like that. If I keep the current design layout the upper corner cabinets would end right next to the window. I am wondering if I should make the uppers end straight against the wall. If I do that do I need to make my lowers 90 degrees? I am not sure if I will like other corner options as well as my super susans. I currently store all my small appliances and bakeware in them. Please forgive me, this picture of my layout has actually been changed a bit but I don't have a current one uploaded. But for the purposes of the corner cabinets this drawing will still suffice. I'm having trouble visualizing the straight cabinets and haven't exactly found pictures that fit my situation. Or would it be possible to make the uppers 90 degrees and have a small skinny cabinet next to the window with a glass front? I'm a little stuck with this so any input would be greatly appreciated!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths