SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annemouse

Best option to replace built-in-refrigerator?

annemouse
13 years ago

Our kitchen has been completely remodeled in 2005 - except for the old GE Monogram refrigerator that is built-in (sides and top, no panels in front). We bought the house in 2007. Now the refrigerator is failing and we are wondering what to do. The earliest service we can get from GE is next week. Because of the age of the refrigerator (21 years) we have to assume that it needs to be replaced. I have been googling for refrigerators that match the specifiaction of our existing built-in-frame. I think another GE Monogram will fit best, but it is not rated very well at consumerreports.org. Do you have any experience with Subzero, Jennair, Electrolux, Kitchen-Aid or a less costly solution? They all seem to cost at least $7,000. I seem to find other refrigerators with different dimensions (same width, but shorter and deeper) for much less money. Would it make more sense to get one of those and have the built-in-frame from floor to ceiling rebuilt? The fridge is at the end of the counter next to a window. How much would that cost?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!