SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bypassgenius

Water Level Too Low... Not for me!

BypassGenius
11 years ago

I've read a lot of posts about the newer style top load washers. Most complaints are all the same.
a) Water not hot enough in NORMAL Cycle
b) Water level too low

Welcome to my bypass method to beat the federal regulations.

In your laundry tub, attach a garden hose splitter to the faucet. To one end of the splitter attach a length of old garden hose just long enough to reach the washer tub.

The trick is to 'fool' the washer into thinking the load of laundry is heavier than it actually is.

Why?

If the washer senses a heavier load, it adds more water to the wash.

Here's what to do... After you throw in your load and detergent, take your hose from the sink and soak the clothes that are in the washer. Get them good and wet. You can't over do it so don't worry if the tub starts to fill up.

Now start you wash. The tub will drain out any of the water you put in, but here's where you fool the machine. When it's ready to fill the tub, the washer weighs the laundry load. Since the laundry is soaking wet, it weighs a lot more that it would if the laundry was dry. Presto! The machine now fills up with enough water to do a load. And if it's still not enough, simply pause the machine, open the lid, grab your hose and fill the machine to YOUR desired level.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting how to bypass the ATC Control. The ATC is what regulates the temperature of your wash water. I've come up with a fairly inexpensive way to do this.

Comments (83)