SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selimalle

need help.... adding central air in Seattle--

selimalle
13 years ago

i'm going crazy over adding central air on the top floor of our house, which is really hot b.c it's essentially the 3rd floor. i got 2 bids from 2 companies for different units--i want the cheapest option but i was also interested in finding a price for a horizontal discharge unit b/c we have to put in the backyard and it allows us to place it under our deck and save room-- hence the additional estimates

question-- are the prices reasonable? seems so high and also, are yorks not a great condensor? i never see them around. i was also a bit nervous b/c the sales guy would not even talk aobut the Trane models, only York and i was concerned b.c he was pushing soo hard. he didn't even want to give me a bid on the trane.... strange.

i could really use some help --

our upstairs is about 1,100 sq ft, and they both thought a 2 ton unit was appropriate.

thanks! kathy

Allpoints heating:

1.) The following is my proposal to provide and install New Carrier Performance Air Conditioning System. 13 SEER sound DBA 69 among the quietest units made along with the low wall profile of 6â from the wall unit dimensions 32âÂÂH X 37âÂÂL 20âÂÂD This Model would be able to go under the deck.

2.) 38HDR024---3 with a CNPVP2417 Coil..

3.) All Electrical 25 Amp 230v new circuit from panel to A/C and Refrigerant ion Piping. Equipment pad. Sheet metals transitions to the existing Furnace Rheem RGRA045EMS.

Total Investment-----------------------------------------------------------------------------$6893.00+WSST

Air Conditioning System Good

1.) The following is my proposal to provide and install Standard Carrier Air Conditioning System. 13 SEER sound DBA 76 Sound Rating. Wall profile of 6â from the wall unit dimensions 29âÂÂH X 24âÂÂL 24âÂÂD This unit would not be able to be under the deck.

2.) 24ABB324---3 with a CNPVP2417 Coil.

3.) All Electrical 25 Amp 230v new circuit from panel to A/C and Refrigerant ion Piping. Equipment pad. Sheet metals transitions to the existing Furnace Rheem RGRA045EMS.

Total Investment-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------$5641.00+WSST

Blue flame:

really pushing York super hard- but also carries Trane

York YCJF24S41S1 14.5 seer -- 4,907.00

York YCHD24S41S1 13 seer (horizontal discharge) 5,593.00

York heat pump YHJF24S41S1 -- 5752.00

Trane XR15 A/C installation~$4,826.00

Comments (3)