SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjwyatt

loved my kenmore 28 years never service but now have to buy new

tjwyatt
14 years ago

I am new to this site, checked it out from my sister's recommendation because I am in the market for a new washer and dryer. I felt the need to post because some of you mentioned that no one ever posts satisfaction messages.

I have owned my Kenmore Heavy Duty washer and dryer for 28 years and have NEVER had to have repairs. I feel blessed! They have gone through two kids clothes, my husband's greasy grimey mechanics clothes, heavy bedding, throw rugs, animal beds and more. I truly showed them no mercy ha! They are just now showing the signs of needing to be retired.

Unfortunately I'm now faced with the confusion of too many choices and opinions. At Sears, one sales person has nearly talked us into Samsung, but one other sales person said they would never buy Samsung and we should stick with Kenmore. I have resorted to the fact that the front loading will save us water and electricity which fills my need to be more "green" these days. It was interesting that the sales folks said the same thing that many of you are saying - that I'll never find anything made nearly as well as what I have now. How sad!!

I look forward to continuing to read the posts here to help make up my mind. Any thoughts from you all on brands is much appreciated. I'm a little nervous from all the Samsung posts.

Also, any thoughts on top loading vs. front loading? I mentioned to the sales person that I've heard that the front loading washers can smell moldy and musty and he said that I would need to leave the door open in between use and perhaps use the new Affresh tabs to make sure the seal stays clean and mold free... Does anyone have that problem??

Thanks everyone!

Comments (7)