SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidandkasie

cycles per hour

davidandkasie
15 years ago

i have a question about the cph setting on the trane Tstat 601/602 series. does this set the maximum or minimum number of cycles per hour? mine is set to 3cph, an i am wondering if that has anythign to do with my issues. we have been at or over 100 each day but our lowest RH has been 42%. so yes, it has been hot and humid. anyway the AC keeps up fine all day, but once the sun goes down it almost seems like it gets too humid in here. once the Ac kicks on it feels fine, but within 5 minutes after it cycles off it is humid again. of course, right now it is 85 degrees and 82% humidty outside, so that does have a lot to do with it. could i change the cph and make it cycle a little more, without short cycling of course? i have the programming instructions, i already reprogrammed some features so the stat gave me 5+2 setbacks and auto switch from heat to cool since we actually may need both heat mode and cool mode in teh same day at times.

or would the next question be the better solution?

would we possibly get better results by havign the fan speed changed on speed slower to get a little more humidity removal? or would that cause it not to be able to keep up with heat gain? currently the unit can get it down to around 75-76 at best on a 100 degree day, comfortable but set temp is 74 and it cannto reach that until the shade from teh trees hits it. from around 1-4:30 or the condensor is in teh sun and there is no way to shade it due to building layout.

i am not at all unhappy with the system, it works much better than the old unit it replaced last year, just looking for improvements. the system is XL14i 3.5 ton. during the winter it never evne had to kick on teh aux heat except durign defrost, even the nights it got down to the upper teens.

Comments (8)