SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

What I learned today... thanks Gardenspice and Chisue!

lydia1959
15 years ago

My friend is a sociopath/psychopath! I knew she had problems but until I read the link Gardenspice posted and this They are excellent 'readers' and manipulators of others. They care nothing about anyone other than themselves -- and amazingly little about themselves! There is no concept of 'consequences' -- for others or for themselves. They are incapable of empathy; they have a shallow level self-identity. They like to control and to create excitement and stimulation. that Chisue posted on the 'kids lying' thread.

I tried to explain to other people that she has a problem.. but no one else sees it. Of course, these people only know her through me and they do not know her like I do.

Her and I were best friends at a time I was going through a rough patch in my life. She sabotaged my romantic relationships, lied to "see what would happen" or to make herself appear better. Something bad happened to me one night and although I sought help from her.. she refused to even acknowledge it. She changed the subject. She had no empathy, but was supposed to be my friend. I can't even begin to tell some of the stories. I must have been an idiot to have stayed her friend for so long.

I do still send her a Xmas card with a yearly update on my family... but try to avoid getting together with her. I've seen her probably once in the past 7 years.

Anyhow, thanks!

Comments (5)