SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalp_gw

Yellow Armpit GUNK stains

dalp
15 years ago

Which of the laundry remedies works best on YELLOW "GUNK" arm-pit residue? I have used ANTI PERSPIRANTS for years and have the yellow gunk inside the UNDERAMS on my 100% COTTON TEE-SHIRTS. It gets really thick and eventually the shirts become unwearable. Since the gunk is only in the arm-pits, it must be related to the antiperspirants, but I think it is also related to a) deodorant brand and b) water type. Here's why: I had the gunk problem for years until I moved from a Western to a Mid-West state 3 years ago and investing in a WATER SOFTENER. The gunk seemed to be gone even though I used the same detergent (Tide) same washer (Maytag, HOT WATER/CHLORINE BLEACH). Then, I recently switched to a LESS EXPENSIVE antiperspirant, and the gunk is coming back. I saved a few pennies on deodorant and ruined all my shirts. I had been using clear "solid gel" antiperspirants but these are difficult to find. I hope not since I had no GUNK from solid gels! Anyway, I have read in the forum that ALUMINUM in the antiperspirants causes the gunk so I am switching to regular deodorants (sans aluminum), but what about my gunky tee-shirts? Can they be rescued or will I have to buy new and start all over? BTW, I've tried VINAGER, NAPHTHA, and OXYCLEAN in the past which did not work well for me.

Comments (33)