SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Bob a cue for the masses

lindac
15 years ago

When my neighbor told me she was going to order bar be cue pork form the supermarket for her daughter;'s graduation dinner....and I sneered....and she said...."well where else would I get it?'....and I said "I'll make it"....and she said "really".....and I said "of course.."

I said you buy the pork and I'll make it.

So she bought 60 pounds of boneless pork loin ( it'll be good to have some frozen this winter she asid...) and I bought thes auce makings....

The daddy has helped slice the meat....and I have been doing it 20 pounds at a time.

Here's one day's production.

Thawing in the sink... Then I rubbed them with a mix of "stuff" garlic powder, black pepper, Tony couchere's and Old Bay seasoning

And put 1 on the grill ( cut in half) and the other in the oven.

Made my own version of sauce for the masses ( not too spicey the honoree said)...looks watery, but it's not!

Put sauce over the sliced meat and put it back into the oven at 300 for an hour.

And for those of us who had been working, I made some rolls, so we could sample the wares....

But in getting those rolls out of the oven...I plopped one into the sauce.....and splattered Bob a cue sauce all over...walls, counter, me, oven, etc etc...

One more session fo 20 pounds and I'll be done!!

Linda C

Comments (11)