SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6061818

Need to vent/rant

User
16 years ago

I am down to the end of my full kitchen/dining room renovations and am sooooo frustrated with all the issues...

Appliances - Out of 5 brand new appliances 3 have issues:

Oven - Electrolux, single - Came with dust & stains in the glass doors, company will be cleaning after holidays and if all stains are not removed appliance company will fight for a new door (as Electrolux originally said they would do but then sent someone to clean it)

Fridge - GE Profile Arctica, SXS - Temperature is not what it says it is, currently I am logging temp in different areas of fridge and will be calling GE in a day or so armed with the stats; fridge is as high as 42-43 deg and actually yesterday at one point 46 deg and this is after "turbo-charging" for 8 hours, started to check it after finding my milk to be semi-cold, temp says its 34 deg, haven't seen that yet on my thermometer!

Kitchen Compactor - Whirlpool - the thing is a piece of junk, i wish i had saved my old Kenmore that was rusty inside and basically looked like crap but compacted our garbage for a full week into one bag. This one compacts what would be two tall kitchen bags worth of garbage and that is it! My DH thinking he would get it to do better turned it off when it was compacting to get an "extra pack" out of it and didn't tell me. Did this while I was cooking(of course) and I in turn go to open it and it won't open, i never even think that it is off and keep stepping on the pedal and voila, it just snaps off! My old one you could've danced on and it never would have broken! Will be talking with the appliance supplier tomorrow about replacing it with another brand with the extra-pak feature(but may have to modify cabinet opening to fit :I just can't believe the quality of appliances today! Soooooo frustrated!

My Electrolux cooktop works ok but cleaning it is alot more than I thought, but hey, its working up to snuff. And the Futuro Vent Hood is excellant. I'm considering myself lucky that I kept my old (only 3 years old) dishwasher and microwave(even younger).

And this says nothing about the issues that I have had with the cabinet supplier, who I hope I don't have to go after legally to get replacement of broken items and missing parts/pieces.....

Would I have done it if I knew the kind of issues? Not so sure anymore.

But on the other hand at least the contractor was my darling brother who has the talents to make any thing work and has done an excellant job with all of the renovations. I didn't have contractor headaches like so many of you seem to have. I am very, very thankful for that!

Thanks for the opportunity to vent; this website has helped me through it all because I know I am not the only one that has had issues.....

Comments (2)