SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

act/sat prep classes

CaroleOH
9 years ago

My son will be taking the ACT & SAT in the next few months. He needs to take a prep class. My older son took a class after school at his high school that was a small group. It was very helpful to him - unfortunately, son #3 is not at that same high school and it's been 6 years ago, so things are much different.

I've been looking at Kaplan, Princeton and other prep companies.

I think he would do best in a small group, but am interested in everyone's experiences with prepping for this test.

Son #1 did very little formal prep. Looked at some online info and reviewed a test taking manual. He was on an athletic scholarship so his actual score was not hugely important - but he did well, scored a 28.

Son #2 took a small group prep class and he scored a 29 which I was pretty good for his grades etc.

Son #3 does not do well on standardized tests so I know a prep class/tutoring is going to be very important for him to learn test taking strategy etc.

Did you find private tutoring to be better than a private class experience? Some of these classes are 4-5 students some are 20-30 students.

Comments (22)