SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Egads! We Have To Make A Quick Decision On SAT Prep Course! Help!

cupofkindness
18 years ago

This college application process is so overwhelming! Can anyone advise about a SAT prep course? Are they available online? Is it best to sign up for the ones that are stick and brick storefront sort of classes, like Kaplin? Or should we simply buy a book and go through the material at home? I think were are several months behind on this issue. My daughter's junior year of high school is beyond demanding and I want to give her all the help and support she needs for the SAT.

My daughter took the PSAT in October and got an 80 on the written, a 70 on the verbal, and a 60 on the math, so the math score is the one that shows that math is her weakness. She is in AP Algerbra II, but we hope to move that score up.

I would appreciate any recommendations you have such as which place to go or book to buy. And about how much do these courses cost? I'm leaning towards a course that I could take her to on Saturdays and Sundays since life is so busy around my house. This way, DD could focus on the test prep and leave all distractions at home. Thanks in advance for your replies.

~Cupofkindness

Comments (13)