SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macy_b

Help,need to make quick sofa decision! 2 contenders

macyb
10 years ago

Help me! Have to make decision in 2 days!!

Anyone have any experience with either a Rooms to Go Cindy Crawford or and Ikea Ektorp sofa?

Or just want to help me weigh it out?

We don't want to spend too much (obviously) -- this is for a beach place, several friends come and go, but overall it only gets used about 3 months out of the year. Everyone who comes is pretty civilized except one group, but they are related to us, so whatcha gonna do!!

Like the idea of the reclining sofa, and though I'm not in LOVE with the look, I think I could handle this one. Really trying to decide what will be the most comfy for us, and not get too hung up on the look. And the configuration of 2 big reclining sections will make it a good place for our family of 4 to watch movies, which is a big deal for us at the beach. The pseudo-leather (they call it leather, I know it's not super quality) will be easy to clean up, won't have to fool with washing covers after spills,etc. I'm pretty sure we sat on this last year in the store, it was comfortable. I wasn't yet ready to give in to the recliner sofa look, but think I might be now.
(Cindy Crawford Auburn Hills)

Second option is the Ikea Ektorp sofa. (I'll post the picture in an add'l comment below.) It's fabric (prefer the look), but the covers are washable and eventually replaceable. But I just wonder if the sofa itself would even hold up long enough for the covers to wear out! Also, though, I don't see four of us on this one, someone would be left out of the comfy zone. Probably me, haha. I've sat in this sofa, it sits fine (for what it is) and comes in a "natural" color that I like. I like that it is about 5 inches shorter, which will be a plus in this room where you don't want to block someone's view from any direction.

So.....help me?

Comments (5)