SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubl8015

Lawn Chief Rider Acting Up/Weird

9 years ago

I have a 48" cut Tecumsah 12 hp riding mower. Now, let me tell you what happened. I was trying to start the mower without sitting on the seat (kill switch) and cranked & cranked & cranked. After a few minutes - I realized what I did and why it wouldn't start - so I sat down on the seat. I now presume it was flooded so I had to crank some more. But I had to almost keep the key cranked until it was almost running. So, I mowed my yard for 1 hour and no problems except I now noticed that the key wouldn't shut off the mower, even me getting off the seat - the mower kept running. So, I choked it to stop it. Next time I used I put in some gas - and went to mow my neighbors yards and it started hard again. But, was running smooth and ok - about 5 minutes on her yard - it started running real rough and I could feel it even with the deck not engaged. It finally bogged down and just died. I pushed it home. Dumped all the gas out of it - charged up the battery (by the way - my mower will run even with battery disconnected) and put in NEW gas (not ethanol) with some Sea Foam but now when I got it to fire - it makes a harsh clunking noise or really bad PING when it was running - so I shut it off in fear of damaging it - Any Ideas?? Thanks if someone can help. I just had my mower guy here and he changed oil, put on new blades, and a new fuel filter.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County