SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daffer

Carrier Infinity 16 or 19 Heat Pump vs Lennox

daffer
15 years ago

Just when I think I've got things figured out (with a lot of help from this forum),

I have another series of questions.

This is for a 5-ton HP in North Carolina, coupled with a 95% AFUE furnace (ICS-3-stage, 58MVC100), and a horizontal coil. I'd been comparing the "best" Carrier unit (Infinity 19) but have come to realize that the ARI certifications show quite a bit of info. When I input the Carrier Infinity 16 vs 19, the EER, SEER, and HSPF were very close. The biggest difference was EER (10.3 vs 10.7), not so great I admit. The cooling btuh figure is actually higher for the Infinity 16, at 59,000 vs 56,000.

Obviously the price of the Infinity 16 is lower. Is there something I'm missing in figuring out the differences? The warranty is the same and the literature is just about the same for the 16 and 19. The only thing different that I can see is that the Infinity 19 has scrolling 2-stage compressor; the 16 has a 2-stage compressor, but no scrolling. Is scrolling worth $1,000? Are there other differences I've missed?

I had been looking at a new, but previous model of the Lennox heat pump, XPXA19-060 configured with its high-end furnace. I'd get a good warranty on the heat pump, but it was manufactured 5 years ago. Performance figures are in the same range as the Lennox.

If I get the Carrier setup (using the Infinity 16) it would be even lower-priced than the Lennox setup I've mentioned.

Any comments to what was to be a short post would be appreciated.

Comments (10)