SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Sleepwalking

Oakley
12 years ago

I don't think I'll forget this as long as I live. Last night I sleepwalked (shouldn't it be sleptwalk? lol) for the very first time! And boy I hope it was the last time too.

I looked up sleepwalking when I finally got out of bed.

It's more common in children but when it happens in adults it's usually due to sleep deprivation. That's me!

Last Sat night I stayed up all night long. I never napped at all this week to make up on the lost sleep. I also went to bed about 1 every night since. And I'd get up about 4 or 5 am. Not sure why, I just didn't feel like sleeping!

As yesterday progressed, I finally crashed around 9pm. I woke up at 8:30 this morning.

I don't know what time this happened but I remember I got up out of bed and just quietly started walking around the house. I was also bumping into things because I didn't turn any lights on. lol

"Walking quietly around the house and bumping into things" is one of the symptoms of sleepwalking.

Some people remember what they did, other's don't.

I remember coming back here to the office which has a bed in it. I remember thinking that "no one's in the bed so I can sleep here." I crawled in, and when I woke up (still dark) my dh was on the computer. I got up and went back to my bed and went to sleep.

When I finally got up this morning, I was so groggy but I remembered everything and it just creeped me out!

Has this happened to any of you or someone you know?

Comments (8)