SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Vaska vs. Persil Color Gel....Sheet softness

larsi_gw
13 years ago

So, for the last at least 12 sheet washings, I have used Vaska Herbatergent and 1 capful of Downy (either my prized stash of original scent April Fresh or Mountain Spring).

Wrinkle Free Cycle on my Miele W4842, Warm (105F) with High Spin (I believe 1000 or 1200 rpm).

Sheets have never felt softer, silkier or more luxurious. The feel is very similar to when I used to use Miele Care Collection Delicate wash (just way, way too expensive to keep buying for sheets).

I ran out of Vaska Herbatergent this weekend, and had to wash 2 sets of sheets. I used my old standby...Persil Color Gel and one capful of Downy. Wrinkle Free Cycle, Warm (105F) and High Spin.

The sheets washed with Persil Color Gel and Downy are noticeably stiffer, coarser, less smooth and not silky at all!!

Since both Vaska Herbatergent and Persil Color Gel are optical brightener free, it must be the lack of enzymes in the Vaska (just like the Miele Care Collection Delicate wash) that make sheets feel so silky and soft!

The difference between the sheets washed in Persil and Vaska was a HUGE!. Even my dear spouse (who could not really care less about laundry and detergents) commented that the sheets do not feel silky and smooth like the past few months!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths