SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amsol4513

Samsung dryer LP conversion - HELP!!

amsol4513
14 years ago

I am beyond frustrated. On Jan 1, I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer for our new house. Our house has propane heat so I needed to get the LP conversion kit for it. I bought the model DV419 in steel blue. The sales person told me that the kit would ship separately from the appliances. Fast forward 3 weeks to my builder installing the dryer. The kit was never received. Since this house is currently being built and I am not there to see all of the deliveries, I assumed that it was lost somewhere at the house. I called Sears. They had no idea about the kit, nor did they know how to get me one. I must have talked to 20 different people between their parts and service departments. Before I blew my stack, I decided to go into the store and talk to the guy who sold it to me. He wasn't there, but another man looked in the system and told me that he could order it ($16.99) and ship it to me. I told them I needed it ASAP, so he told me that he could expedite it for another $18, and well, seeing my head spiining, he quickly waived that fee. It should have been to my house by Friday. I checked the order status today and it states "order cancelled". I called Sears, they didn't know how or why it was cancelled, and won't know until Monday. I went on the Samsung website and I see a converison kit for Lowes and Best Buy dryers that are made by a third party and sold at Lowes. My question is, are all the DV419s the same at all of these stores and could I use this conversion kit for my Sears purchased dryer? I am so blown away by the lack of customer service at Sears. Thanks to anyone in advance for any help! Amy

Comment (1)