SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'm going on vacation and....

luckygardnr
12 years ago

Patti43 has graciously agreed to take over the recipe thread until I get back. I know many of you will add your own delicious recipes also.

The health problems I was having are finally on the mend. I've had the 'runs' and nausea since June 26th. I've done the 3-day, 3-stick test, and a colonoscopy, and nothing seemed to help. I was getting very discouraged, and feeling quite sorry for myself. I was grasping at straws, and tried probiotics, acupuncture, and massage therapy. Nothing seemed to work. Finally I asked to be tested for parasites and bad bacteria. Turns out I had a parasite. I'm now on meds for that and am feeling much better. Everything seems to be going back to normal. Thank gawd!

On top of that, I had my knee replaced in August, and for the first month, recovered beautifully. Since then I've had so much pain in the leg. After going back to the surgeon several times (he's really getting sick of me), it seems I have pseudo-gout in my new knee. I didn't think that would be possible, but apparently it is. So I'm on an anti-inflammatory for that. It seems to be helping.

So on Wednesday morning we leave for Costa Rica for the month of February. We've rented a 2 bedroom condo there, and the pool is right outside our door. I'm hoping a month of the pool with help the leg and the sore butt from sitting so much over that last few months. We have friends who live down there, and other friends who are coming down to stay with us for 2 weeks. I can't wait to get there!

So thank you all for all your good thoughts and recipes, and I'll see you in a month! Hugs to you all! And a special thanks to Patti43 and Jasdip for all your help with the recipe thread!

Laurel

Comments (10)