SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Hi Ya'll - I'm on vacation in SC

Annie
16 years ago

We are presently on vacation in sunny Garden City, South Carolina and having a blast! The beach house is dreamy. The beach is simply incredible and the surf is fantastic.

Just wanted to come on here and say hello to all my GW friends.

AM TAKING LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

I've been beach-combing every day and swimming. My first time to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. Being a Southern California mama, I've only ever seen the Pacific, so this is really special. The Atlantic water is so warm by comparison. You don't have to get used to the temperature at all.

My muscle-bound DH took the ocean Kayak (sp?) out into the inlet bay...w-a-y out. He we out to the marker - so far in fact, that I could no longer see him, even from the balcony. He is such a dare devil. (and so handsome)

It stormed the 2nd afternoon. I had come up for a shower and almost immediately after I came in, the clouds rolled in and just unzipped. I never knew that so many people and all their gear, including canopies, could move that fast! They all scrambled for cover, muy pronto! It was a really severe thunderstorm with lightening crashing all around. Our beach house shook. How exciting!

Some of the people along the beach have been setting off fireworks and we have been getting a BANG of a show almost every night.

There are gardens near here and we are thinking of going to see those. Also, Huntington Beach state park. There is a Moorish Castle there. We want to see all that, but the beach is so wonderful that we can't bear to miss one minute of it. So much to do - so little time!

If any of you live near here, please drop by anytime, but before 7 p.m., as we will be out and about by then. I'd love to meet you in person!!

The address is 703 Waccamaw S. (on the Inlet), Garden City.

We'll be here until Saturday morning.

~ Annie

Comments (12)

Sponsored