SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
covingtoncat

Miele Tutorial Needed

covingtoncat
13 years ago

Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to get the most out of my new (to me) Miele 1213 Washer/1413 Dyer. This is a 2.5 cf, 220/240 volt combo.

I am looking for suggested cycle/temps for both. I have scoured the manuals, but would still like "real use" recommendations.

With the washer, I am noticing that (unlike my previous units) when the wash load is done, the clothes are still warm (or warmer) depending on the temp cycle even if I select cold. Are the rinses all done in warm water (unless you opt for no heat)? Even the "cold" water wash achieves 80-ish degree temps.

My biggest problem, however is with the dryer and WRINKLES! Normally I run mixed loads separated by colors (always) and fabric type (when required). When I did combo dark loads which included jeans, polos and hubs' dress shirts, all had wrinkles when done. I tried a lower heat setting first time, and clothes were still damp and wrinkled. I selected more heat and clothes were dry at the end of the cycle but the wrinkles were still there and the collars and button front shirts were all kinked. I have not ever had this problem before even if I "baked" my laundry on the highest temps. I am used to timed cycles (my previous had a moisture sensor,too, but I didn't use it), with an auto cool down during the last 10 mins.

Any examples or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much. I am looking forward to learning to use this machine properly.

Comments (12)