SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg123

Washer/Dryer Recommendations?

kmcg123
13 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked over and over, but I haven't needed to buy a washer and dryer in so long I don't know where to start!

Washing machine is leaking and making horrible noise. May be able to repair, but it is 15 years old and I am thinking it may be time to get a more energy efficient one. Not sure if I need to get a dryer at the same time. The washer and dryer are in the basement behind closed doors. The basement is finished except for the perimeter which includes the washer/dryer and storage space. So, looks really aren't all that important!

Here's what I am looking for:

*good, reliable, low maintenance. we are not handy!

*family of 4 with two teenage girls who do generate a fair amount of laundry. All are athletes which increases smell laundry! Oldest will be leaving for college and amount of laundry will decrease over the next several years.

*do not do a lot of "oversize" items. No comforters, only comforter covers, the occasional sleeping bag.

*Thinking front loader (have top loader now) because it will give me "shelf" space (the unfinished area includes just pipes and small window, so really can't install shelves) I have small rolling cart for storage. No other storage space.

*Energy efficient. Otherwise, don't think I will use a lot of bells and whistle features -- however, I really don't know what's out there!

* Would rather have lower price vs bells and whistles

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio