SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigerbythetail_gw

New Furnace.. A/C Won't Cool House

TigerByTheTAil
12 years ago

I just had a new system put in May, 2011. I have had all kinds of issues with cooling. This is worse then the one I had replaced. It was 20 yrs. old. I can't get the temp in the house below 75 degrees. Some days it stays on 76 or 77 all day.

I have a

Lennox G50DF-36A-070

CR33-30/36A

XC14-036

My house is 1,347 sq. ft.

I had all the return ductwork replaced in the attic. It was replaced and wrapped with insulation. The other was very old and had splits in it.

The air coming out of the registers is around 65 or 67 degrees. (The people who installed unit..Seemed to think this was great when here for 6th time the other day. I think otherwise) I have my thermostat set at 75 degrees. My AC runs all day can't get the temp down to 75 degrees and some days it stays at 76 or 77 degrees and doesn't get down to 75 degrees to shut off until after the sun goes down. It might be close to 10pm. (I'd like to set my thermostat lower but would be a waste of time and money until this issue is resolved)

I can't remember what the temperature was at the return register. I'll have to check it again today.

I live in Oklahoma and the temp has been around 90 to 99 degrees.

I need help with suggestions and where do I go from here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (11)