SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
egor_sb

Hot Tubs Should Be Hot...

egor_sb
16 years ago

This forum has been helpful with my current hvac install, and it seems one of you may be able to help. Here goes:

I have a redwood hot-tub and a propane PentAir "MiniMax-100" gas pool heater. I bought the heater brand new a few years ago because my new house is propane and I didnt want to try and convert an older natural gas one I had.

The problem is that I like to take hot tubs at about 110-F which is hot to me. The current heater thermostat set at maximum only gets the tub up to 104-F which i find to be "tepid". All attempts to change the thermostat by a licensed pro or the company that sold it to me have been futile because there is apparently a law that says hot tubs shall be no hotter than 104-F and no contractor will touch it for me. I think the law is to keep people from overheating themselves to death or something "Darwinian" like that. Does anyone here know how I could change this situation? I only want about 10 more degrees here but its like some huge conspiracy against me having a "hot" hot tub!! Please dont tell me how great 104'F is and how thats the optimum temp for a hot tub. I like 110-F because that is what I have had in all hottubs of mine for over 20 years.

Any suggestions? I dont know how this thing limits itself but really need to change it and will pay good money for a fix here!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)