SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

English Muffins and Crumpets

Something not at all on my list of things to try.
I really do not need any more kitchen stuff, but stopped in a new Sur-la-Ta-'bla' last week to check out all the 'gack'.

I've been wanting, not needing, some rings for some other project...and some smaller loaf pans for my brown bread.

I could have gone a-la-decarch and taken some slivers off my home downspouts but i need those for spring showers, haha.

4 for 5 bucks was a bargain...(but now i need 8)
4 baby loaf bans, and now i need more, oy.

I don't buy English muffins that often. Maybe once/twice a year.
We do like them with a burger. So sorry Thomas, fresh are so much better.
I started a recipe search and a good thing i did. The one on the box was not legible being printed right over the dark graphics. I narrowed it down to about a dozen recipes and grabbed a bit from each. Some made no sense.
First batch had some issues and bad advice. Still great.
Second batch last night much better. Used one bowl and one measuring cup. No kneading, just some rise time(why do some make it all so complicated?). First batch I used a crumpet persons idea and put the batter that did not fit in my 4 rings and made a larger 'pancake' crumpet in a smaller cast iron, added some blueberries, for a maple syrup taste test! Nice dessert.
I need to write down the recipe and then work on a gluten-free/yeast free version...(just kidding, lol)

Comments (18)