SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellsmom

Have ice cream maker, need basic info source

bellsmom
10 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helped with advice, I now have an ice cream maker. Thank you especially to Pillog, who gave excellent guidance in the final decision.

So, the Cuisinart ICE-30 is sitting on the counter, the bowl is in the freezer, and I have read the manual and the included recipes. Some of my cookbooks have some (limited) information on frozen desserts. I also looked at a number of very promising recipes at Cook's Illustrated, Cuisinart, and King Arthur Flour on line. (King Arthur has a surprisingly number of recipes.)

But I would like a reference. A guide through the gelatos, sorbets, sherbets, ice creams maze. I know I won't just follow the recipes, but will play with them, using what is available. But a good reference will help during the beginner stage when I know utterly nothing about a subject.

Two on Amazon look interesting: The Perfect Scoop by Lebovitz and Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream by you know who. Both of these can be bought used for between $5 and $10 including postage. There are lots of others.

So, once again, I turn to you for help. Have you used a book or website for frozen desserts? Can you comment, either positively or negatively on any?

Thanks for your help to come. Wish you could all join me for dessert when the container is frozen!

Sandra

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor