SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lancehiggins

Running a Bryant HeatPump, Carrier Gas Furnace & Honeywell Vision

lancehiggins
15 years ago

I was curious if you could help me out with the wiring of my system? I recently purchased a used but working Bryant Heat Pump model 661CJX (its replacing a nearly 25 year old Bryant AC). I plan to use it as cooling and primary heat source with an older Carrier Gas Furnace model 349FAD042075. I'm replacing the old Honeywell manual Thermostat with a Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 Series model and want to use the gas furnace as secondary and emergency heat. Can you give me a rundown of what wires will go where in a heatpump plus gas furnace system with the Honeywell TH8000 as the Thermostat? The wire running from the furnace to the outside unit was only a Y & C 2-wire so I know I will need to run a new wire and I know I will have to run a new wires to the thermostat as well. Is there supposed to be an indoor terminal of some kind where this all comes together or do the heatpump and the gas furnace just hook straight to the Honeywell TH8000 thermostat? Also I plan to use the outside temp sensor option so that the compressor lockout feature activates and will keep it from running constantly when its cold enough for the gas heat to come on. I have included images of these units and their terminals. Thanks in advance for any help. I have photos of the wiring terminals on the thermostat, Furnace and HeatPump if that would help anyone with letting me know what goes where....

Comments (2)