SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Trash Day Vent

azzalea
16 years ago

Super windy here today, so on top of my other vent, there are loose trash and cans flying past my window.

Recently, our town has switched trash pick up companies (we no longer have the nationally known Waste Management corporation, but some little company I've never heard of before).

Anyway the thing that's got me very upset about this new bunch is that I weekly see them routing through folks trash if it's in cans (not bagged)--they always find a few things that they remove and put on the truck (for themselves? to sell?). That's scary, and dangerous. I hope everyone is careful about throwing out sensitive material.

I did send an e-mail to the mayor this morning--he's the council member in charge of public works.

Adding this concern to the fact that a few weeks back, I saw a woman actually TAKING bagged trash off the curb and putting it in her car, we all need to be very careful about our trash.

A tip to all--best to bag your trash. But don't throw out ANYthing that has any kind of identity info on it. Burn or shred all that kind of thing. And I'd go further--make sure there's something really yucky in each and every trash bag (the stuff you clean out of the cat litter pan, for instance, or other garbage that can coat your trash and make it a challenge for anyone to sort through.)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor