SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ndsa_gw

Where to put a trash can and servo-drive trash cans

NDSA
10 years ago

I am trying to figure out where to put a trash can. I thought I wanted it next to the sink (location C in the diagram). But now I am debating if I should move it to location A or B.

I think the advantage to location C is that it is right next to the sink and the clean up area. And fairly close to the prep area.

I think the advantage to location A or B is that a second person clearing the table would be able to scrape the dishes before handing it to the person washing. And then they don't have to walk around the dishwasher. FYI- I did think about moving the dishwasher to the other side of the sink, but then it will block the way to to the dining room which we use a few times a year for parties.

Any thoughts on location?

Also has anyone used a trash can with a solenoid behind it so it could be opened without having to use your hands. I think the feature is called servo-drive. Will it push an almost fully loaded trash can out of the cabinet? Sounds like a great idea when you are prepping meats and don't want to get your dirty hands on the handle to open the trash can. But I am not sure how well it really works.

Comments (9)