SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Hot flashes: What (so far) seems to be working!

IdaClaire
14 years ago

Having suffered with terrible hot flashes over the past 1-1/2 years or so, I've tried a couple of different over-the-counter "natural" remedies that have done little to nothing for me. In the past when I was still having regular periods and suffering from PMS, I read Dr. Lee's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You ..." and used natural progesterone cream for awhile but to be honest, I can't say that it did much one way or another for me in relation to my PMS symptoms. I recently ordered the updated version of his book and have started reading it, and I also started back in with the natural progesterone cream (Life-Flo/Organic Living Progesta-Care Body Cream is the brand I use) almost three weeks ago, and ladies, I am thrilled to report that it's making a big difference in the way that I feel! This week I have begun to experience a marked difference in the occurrence, duration and intensity of my hot flashes. I am sleeping longer throughout the night (I used to wake up just about every hour with a hot flash), and I don't have one after another when I wake up in the morning and am trying to get ready for work (ever try applying makeup while simultaneously sweating it off? Ugh!). I haven't had a hot flash during the day for the past week. I really think it's attributable to the cream, and just wanted to share my own experience (so far), and encourage others to read Dr. Lee's book and consider trying natural progesterone cream if you find yourself suffering from debilitating "power surges".

(And trust me - this isn't spam. I considered posting on the Menopause board, but since we've discussed our "flashing" here in this forum, I wanted to share with you all.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Lee's book

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022