SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
powderpuff_gw

So far, they seem to be doing good in Al's Grittly Mix

powderpuff
11 years ago

They are all potted except for a couple new ones that are in the pots I bought them in, and those two are in well draining soil of some sort. They were rooted last summer so I am going to let them grow for another summer before potting them in the Gritty next year, and a couple that are still growing roots in bags or bottles. Several have inflos beginning. Makaha Sunn may be getting ready to bloom for the first time, not sure on that one.

I have about 3 that I'm not sure are going to make it. Lurline.. I got summer of 2011 and it has never done much. It's still hanging in there but no leaves, hasn't grown. It just never got good roots and I don't know what to do with it other than send it to be grafted or just let nature take it's course. Another is Lutea Aurea. Have no clue what it's doing. It's supposed to be compact?? Seriously? Well I got it in spring of 2011 as a rooted cutting and it's about 40" tall still with one tip. It got one leaf which never grew much and fell off yesterday. I am so tempted to cut it and try to root the top part and a center cut, and leave the bottom part in the pot and see what it does. It's not happy. Suggestions welcome. I can take photos but it's just a tall, rather thin, ugly stick. It looks fine, no soft spots, no dehydrated shriveling.

In the photos, toward the back, right against the back fence, there are about 12 that were looking iffy or were slow to start putting out leaves, but all except Lurline are putting out leaves now but I'm keeping them a little on the dry side until they get bigger leaves.

Now I have to make a pretty grove area and sink the pots, also I'm going to put 4-5 of the taller ones in the ground.

Some recent pics:
{{gwi:1160515}}

{{gwi:1160517}}

The newest ones, these are under a a triple palm so they get filtered light until they adjust and leaf out some more.

{{gwi:1160518}}
{{gwi:1160520}}
{{gwi:1160522}}
3 tips, one is hiding behind the other:

{{gwi:1160523}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH