SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

Pictures from this morning - hot here but plants doing well so far....

Yesterday was brutal here and today is supposed to be much the same. We walked the dogs early in the morning - too hot yesterday to go out for an evening walk with them. They're all bored with just brief bathroom breaks in the backyard! The plants are doing well so far - we had a lot of rain last week so that has helped a lot. I took a few pictures when we came back from morning walkies. These are what particularly caught my eye:

The Chinese wisteria is doing a decent summer bloom at the moment:

The Henryi clematis that normally grows into it is not looking good though - not much sign of growth on it. But the Piilu clematis I planted a few year ago on the north side of the wisteria to match one growing with a hydrangea on the south side of it is starting to do well. This is the first time it has bloomed (you can see the sad-looking stems of the Henryi clematis in this picture):

The Queen Elizabeth rose that was badly damaged by this past winter was cut back hard. It's blooming now - but MUCH shorter than usual!

The weigela and Inspiration clematis combination I had posted earlier this season is still showy - I didn't expect it to last this long!

The Huldine clematis on the iron tuteur is a little less full this year but still very vigorous! It's surfing across the daphne again - trying to reach the iron arbour to fraternize with the red clematises there....?

Years ago I had planted some clematises to grow on a Viburnum at the corner of the garage. The clematises never did well - and then the viburnum died. The clematises have revived themselves and are crawling over the things that are planted along the garage wall now:

July is clematis month here!

I hope you are all staying cool and hydrated....! No heat stroke for anyone please!

Comments (5)