jeffromeo

AC not turning on. Period.

Jeffromeo
9 years ago

AC will not start. Period.

Furnace - Lennox G43uf
A/C - Lennox merit 13acx
Thermostat - Honeywell rth230b�

Hey guys, new to the forum. Went to turn on my AC yesterday and no dice. Won't turn on at all. Started with the thermostat first, ensured it was on cool, the temp set was lower than ambient temp and I replaced the batteries. The 30 amp double breaker is not tripped, and the secondary disconnect by the AC does not have a fuse and is on.�

I have a 4 wire thermostat with a jumper. I crossed the wires from Y to Rc and G to Rc. Both only turn on the inside circulating fan. There is no sound at the AC at all. Neither the fan nor the compressor turn on.�I checked the furnace, panels are all secure and the 3 amp fuse is intact. Also when the cooling sequence is activated at the thermostat the furnace reports normal cooling function led.�

I've checked around the AC and I can find no visual damage and covers are secure, the furnace is approximately 5-6 years old. And I've gone through the entire manual for the AC. My question is, is there a low pressure switch on my AC that would cause it to not operate at all in the event there is a leak?�I will check for continuity and 24volts on the low voltage wires going to the AC and check for any internal visual damage when I arrive home today. Based on what I've tried I'm leaning towards contactor damage? I'm hoping there's something small I've overlooked. Thanks a lot!

Comments (4)